As the festive season is in full swing, so is the winter season. You can now easily feel the drop in the temperature. You must be thinking why I am saying all this. This is because as the winters approach, many of us start feeling lazy for our workouts. Even if it is a simple walk, we try and avoid saying “aaj thand bahut hai.” Today, I want to share with you the importance of exercise during winters:
To begin with, think of winters and you can see different people sneezing around or having cough. You can call them seasonal affective disorders. If you exercise daily, you are less likely to suffer from these problems as physical activity boosts your immune system. You are less likely to catch cold than your sedentary counterparts. So exercise, and stay fit.
- I have noticed that because of the inactivity during winters, we often become lazy and get a feeling of anxiety, depression or unusual boringness. Staying in regular touch with your routine workouts, combats these feelings and keeps you happy.
- Come winters and every mom would make lots of ladoos and pinnis of desi ghee. My mom does twice during this season and out of her love, she will ask me to eat all those things. Since they are very tasty, I tend to eat more than required. What is the end result? You all know weight gain! So to stay in the same form you were during summers, it is essential to continue your workouts. Do not just bundle up yourself making different excuses. This physical activity will keep you in shape during winters and would maintain your ideal weight.
- Another thing I would like to mention is that during winters, it is more important to do warm up exercises before you start with your regular exercise. Why? Because during winters, our muscles too become rigid. To prevent injuries and cramps, they first need to be activated, that can be done by warm-up activities.
- Next, a good reason to exercise during winters is to help increase the body temperature and increase our activeness. You know it is so difficult to get up in the morning from our warm quilts. Try and notice this time, that if you exercise daily, your laziness will vanish off at a greater rate and you would be able to enjoy this winter weather, not in your quilt but outside.
- Lastly, physical activity during any season would improve body fitness, but it also improves sleep. You are more likely to get better sleep in those cozy nights after you work out and come to bed.
So girls, exercise needs to be a part of your lifestyle, no matter what time of year it is. Follow the tips mentioned below during winters and enjoy this coming lovely weather:
- Get a lip balm and a moisturizer before you step out of your place. Apply them and help your skin to stay in its best form.
- Drink water. Keep a bottle along and sip a little bit water now and then.
- Do a bit of stretching and then start with your workout routine.
- If not interested in going out, stick to indoor exercises like aerobics, yoga, etc.
- Eat healthy and in proportioned amount.
- Do not indulge in heavy meals.
- Eat seasonal fruits and stay happy.
That’s it from my side, enjoy the season and stay healthy 🙂
Importance of Facial Serums
Colour Red and its Importance
Type and Importance of Stretching Exercises with Videos
Exercise to Get Dimple on Cheek
Easy Weight Loss Home Exercises
Facial Exercises for Removing Wrinkles
Does Exercise Promote Hair Growth
Tips and Exercises to get Fuller Cheeks
How to Stay Motivated to Work out During Winter
How To Reduce Hair Fall in Winter – Do It Yourself
5 Hydrating Face Packs For Winter
Winter Skin Care tips for Dry Skin
How to Prevent Dry Skin on Face in Winter
Homemade Ubtan for Winters